Sunday, October 31, 2010

Don't dream it, be it.

Last night, I fulfilled a teenage dream of going to a midnight showing of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was always jealous of my friends that would go down to the Oriental in high school, and I thought that in college I would find a time to see it in the Cities, but it never happened for me. And then Kerida and Becky invited me to go with them for the Halloween show. Neither of them really knew the extent of the audience participation, in fact Becky had never even seen the film.
It was a little annoying that the show started at 2 instead of midnight, but I'd already waited 8 years, what difference did it really make? It was everything I hoped it would be.

It also seems that I spend my Halloweens waiting in line in the cold for two hours. This year, I was wearing pants and a sweatshirt, and it made all the difference. It also worked out because it was cold inside the theater and a revealing costume would have remained uncomfortable all night.

I have come to the conclusion that I really love Halloween. While I don't go for the scary stuff at all, I really get a kick out of the creativity and effort that goes into Halloween costumes. Last night, I was Leela, Kerida was a dinosaur, and Becky was a fairy because she's 8. We were in line behind a Na'Vi, Lieutenant Dangle, and a rain cloud. We saw a sock monkey, Sheri Lewis, Cap'n Crunch, a Sim, Colonel Sanders, Buddy the Elf, Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer, Harley Quinn, Beaker, and those were just the good costumes!




No comments:

Post a Comment