Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The continued adventures of being an addict

I realized that I need to do something about this coffee drinking I've been doing. A small "Wild" drink at Caribou comes to $4.12 a pop. While I can certainly afford to spend $4.12 a day on coffee, I feel pretty freaking bad about doing it. I decided yesterday that I'm going to start making my own candy-flavored coffee drinks at home on the cheap. I went to World Market to look at their flavored syrups, and I was quite disappointed with the selection. Really, no marshmallow? Peppermint but not plain old mint? I selected the Honey Vanilla, because it tasted somewhere between marshmallow and nougat in flavor. A few shots of that, some hot cocoa mix, and a cup of coffee made a pretty tasty beverage. Not quite Caribou quality, but hey, if I wanted Caribou quality I'd pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment