Saturday, June 5, 2010

"There's a contagious disease at the Bau Haus. It's called Enthusiasm!"

Back when I was younger, I was far less bitter and jaded. I focused my happy, bubbly personality on being an awesome camp counselor, the kind of counselor I loved to have when I was a camper. At one point, my boss was complimenting me on my enthusiasm while leading the girls in camp songs. I replied, "Well of course, enthusiasm is my middle name!" As with most things at our camp, this became somewhat of a meme for the summer. The subject of a staff training skit was that the Bau Haus (our arts & crafts building, which I was in charge of) was infested with a terribly contagious disease...enthusiasm! When a Scottish counselor dubbed me Weenie MacDougal, she was corrected and told that my full name was Weenie Enthusiasm MacDougal.

No comments:

Post a Comment