Sunday, June 6, 2010

Why my boyfriend has the nicest friends

I try my hardest to be a good girlfriend , and not a batshit crazy girlfriend, but sometimes I wonder if I actually am the crazy girlfriend and people just act like crazy is normal. Frequently I will try to call my boyfriend and the call won't go through because his phone hates me and turns itself off when it knows I'm calling. This is frustrating because it happens at times when his phone wouldn't be off, like the middle of the freaking day. So I call back a few times to see if maybe the first time was a freak accident, and then I start to worry. I am a champion worrier and I start thinking that maybe the phone is off because the boyfriend was killed by an ax murderer who turns off his victim's phones. At this point, I decided to contact the boyfriend's friends, starting with the person most likely to be standing right next to him. But then I worry that by calling his friends looking for him, I will seem like a crazy stalker girlfriend, and the battle between "dead missing boyfriend" and "people will think you're insane" begins. Usually, dead and missing wins out, and I start calling or instant messaging his friends and roommates. The part that always surprises me is that they are all perfectly willing to help me locate him. If he is in the room, they get him for me. If they know where he is, they let me know so I can call someone with him there. If they don't answer their phone at first, they call me back to help me in my quest (Seriously, Jamie, that was awesome.) Every time this happens, I can't help but wonder if they are just nice people, or if my boyfriend has warned everyone: "Listen, guys, she gets really worked up when I don't answer my phone, so if she ever calls you to find out that I'm not dead, just roll with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment