Monday, June 7, 2010

"Sibling" is a relative term

I am the youngest of two girls. My sister Katie is pretty much the greatest person who ever lived. We have been close all our lives, even though we'll fight to the point of not speaking to each other, we will still always be womb-mates.

In the past couple of years, I've managed to acquire two new siblings: my little brother Kerida and my big sister Tim.

Kerida is a friend that I met while working at camp. While cleaning out a storage room, she found yellow plastic overalls and proceeded to put them on. Between the overalls, the backwards baseball cap, and her overall adorability, she looked like a little boy, and I told her as much. Henceforth, she became my little brother.

Tim is a good friend of my sister Katie, and then later of mine as well. When Katie left the country, I said that I would need a surrogate sister to take my late night phone calls and give me life advice. As it so happened, Tim fit the bill perfectly. Not only does he field my calls asking for advice, he even gives me his hand-me-down clothes. What else do you need in a big sister?

No comments:

Post a Comment